Click the button to view more details of the error.
Clarification of "Due Date" vs "Cut-Off Date" for Frame Pre-Check Submissions
Last Updated On
2014-11-12 02:28:10 ET
I see from the 2015 Rules that the Frame Pre-Check documents are now required, but I'm confused by the due dates listed. The "Due Date" is in JANUARY? Can you clarify when my team has to submit these documents and what happens if we're late submitting it?
Sure. We are asking that, as soon as possible, your team do the following:
1. Download the Frame Pre-Check "Roll Cage Documentation" and "Roll Cage Geometry Drawings" templates from http://www.bajasae.net/page.aspx?pageid=adf72d6d-1f90-459f-9929-8950189ef6e8
2. Fill in the requested information about your car
3. Save each of the files to PDF format
4. Upload the PDFs to the corresponding locations in your My Team Submissions area on www.BajaSAE.net before 01/15/2015 11:59:59 PM (Eastern USA time). This will give the Frame Specialist Tech Inspectors time to review your roll cage design and provide any feedback or required changes before you start building your frame.
5. If we find problems with your design, we will suggest ways to fix the design and ask that you alter it and upload updated documents.
It is critical that your team submit something (even if a draft) by 01/25/2015 11:59:59 PM. According to A7.3.1 "Failure to Meet Deadlines" (new, this year), teams submitting this document more than ten days after the Due Date will have their competition registration(s) cancelled and a team from the waitlist will be able to take their place! For this type of technical document, we will accept any number of revised/updated documents until 05/26/2015 11:59:59 PM. After that, no more documents can be uploaded.