Stepping up to host their first Baja SAE competition, Oshkosh Corporation has been involved with baja since 2019 providing volunteers and sponsorship. Thank you, Oshkosh Corp. for hosting the first 2023 Baja SAE Oshkosh competition. We look forward to returning!
Onsite at competition, SAE saw close to 70 teams competing onsite. Seventy-six of those teams participating in virtual business presentations resulting in ten finalists presenting onsite. Sixty-one of those teams passing the required technical inspection to compete in dynamic events.
- 51 teams attempted and 50 teams achieved a score in Acceleration.
- 21 teams attempted and 20 teams achieved a score in Maneuverability.
- 50 teams attempted and 50 teams achieved a score in Sled Pull.
- 46 teams attempted and 41 teams achieved a score in Suspension. Only 6 teams were able to complete the challenging course.
- 57 teams attempted to complete endurance. 56 teams achieved a score in the event. Pulling out the win, University of Michigan – Ann Arbor completed 8 laps more than the second place team with 54 laps in the four-hour endurance event. A course which challenged those four-wheel vehicles.
Congratulations to all the winners. Full results can be found line here
If you missed the awards ceremony, you could watch the recording posted online here
Those teams winning sponsored events, SAE staff will be reaching out about award checks soon.
Additionally, special thanks to all our volunteers, organizers, and sponsors both locally and nationally who made this competition a great success. SAE’s Baja SAE Series is lucky to have you! To see which companies supported the Baja SAE Oshkosh competition please visit here.