The 2021 Baja SAE Rules Revision C have been released. You can find this updated version of the rules in the folder labeled 'SAE' at Series Resources. The revisions addressed a few minor errors. Revision B was made on the wrong ruleset document so, Revision C has been posted to rectify. Below is a complete list of changes revised from the original ruleset:
- B.8.3 Updated to allow drivetrain components to pass through firewall
- B.2.7.14 renamed the rule "Starting Devices". To state that starter motors are prohibited.
- B.7.1 Corrected minimum force. Added verbiage to say that associated parts shall be designed to withstand said minimum pedal force.
- B.9.1 updated text regarding B.9.6
- B.12.8.1 Updated Drawing for Dimension “L”
Teams, team members as individuals and faculty advisors, are responsible for reading and understanding the rules in their entirety in effect for the competition in which they are participating.